Technological and applied studies (TAS) is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8. Students can also select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In TAS, students use a range of tools, materials and techniques in the design process and technological experiences through theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to design and produce solutions for authentic needs and opportunities
- an option for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses in high school years include:
- Agricultural Technology 7-10
- Design and Technology 7-10
- Food Technology 7-10
- Graphics Technology 7-10
- Industrial Technology 7-10
- Information and Software Technology 7-10
- Textiles Technology 7-10
- Agriculture Stage 6
- Design and Technology Stage 6
- Engineering Studies Stage 6
- Food Technology Stage 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Information Processes and Technology Stage 6
- Software Design and Development Stage 6
- Textiles and Design Stage 6.